Maine Coon kittens are gentle, funny, and goofy. They are intelligent and social. They like playing and listening to noises. They are an old breed admired for their intelligence. So, their popularity has risen in the last decade. To help you with the decision-making process easier, here a number of things that you can expect from a Maine Coon kitten:
- They are good listeners: Maine Coons are known for their ability to listen and understand, making them great companions for children.
- They are gentle and loving: Maine Coons are gentle and loving cats, and they make great companions for families with children.
- They are funny: Maine Coons are funny cats, and they love to play and listen to noises.
- They are goofy: Maine Coons are goofy cats, and they love to play and be around people.
- They are smart: Maine Coons are intelligent cats, and they love to play and be around people.
- They are social: Maine Coons are social cats, and they like to be around people.
- They are old breed: Maine Coons are a long-established breed. Throughout their history, Maine Coon cats have been admired for their high intelligence.
- Maine Coons are famous for their size: These cats are called 'majestic' for a reason. They grow big in size. The weight of a full-sized Maine Coon cat can range from 8-25 pounds, and it takes them 3-5 years to reach full maturity.
- They have Great Temperament: If you are searching for a big cat that is quite gentle, well-mannered, and very playful, Maine Coon is the right fit for you. They will quickly adjust to your house and family if you give them the love and attention they crave.
- Easy To Train: Maine Coon cats are an intelligent breed and probably the only cat to be truly trained. Many cat breeds claim to be trainable, but none can compare to the characteristics of a Maine Coon. Instead, they are compared to dogs due to their easy domestication and ability to learn quickly.
- Great with other Pets: These vast cats are tremendous and adapt well to other pets, especially dogs and cats of different breeds. However, you should remember that Maine Coon Kittens don't get along well with small pets like rodents and birds. They are likely to hunt them as prey.
- Family Friendly: If you want a kitten that will love you and your family the same way you would love it, Maine Coon is the best match for you. Maine Coons kittens crave human bonding and love their human family. So you will quickly notice that they choose to be with you and keep an eye on what you are doing.
- Eating Habits: These big cats are big at eating too! They enjoy foods with high protein, with low carbs. Maine Coons need a lot of protein as kittens, which helps them to grow to their full size. Foods with small amounts of healthy fats and fatty acids are ideal for this cat breed. However, after your kitten is done growing, around 3 years of age, they should not be overfed to prevent obesity.
- Grooming Needs: The majestic kittens need a good grooming session at least 2-3 times weekly. You can increase the grooming session if your Maine Coon kitten's fur is prone to tangles. Nail clipping is always a plus to add to those grooming sessions.
This article helped to give you a pretty good idea of what to expect from the big cats. Maine Coons kittens are very different from other cat breeds. They will need your attention and care to grow to their full potential. Maine Coons are sweet and gentle cats. They crave love and attention from their human families. But they always want to know that they are the most essential part of your world!