The EuroCoons Difference
If you read our story about how the EuroCoons Maine Coon cattery began, then you know that everything we do comes from a place of love for our Maine Coon cats and kittens!
We brought our first Maine Coon cat, Europa, because we loved the look and personality of these big, wild-looking animals. Two more European Maine Coon kittens (Charles and Alysia) from Ukraine soon joined the family because we were so smitten with our Queen. We became Maine Coon grandparents because our Prince Charles loved Europa so much and couldn’t wait to have kittens. Yes, I know how this sounds, but in fact it's true, Charles would refuse to mate any other female Maine Coon until we had to make the decision and separate him from Europa.
We then started EuroCoons Maine Coon cattery because we loved nurturing our baby coon kittens and placing them in the best homes possible.
So what sets our Maine Coon kittens and cats apart from others? Spoiler alert: It’s love.
YES, I do realize how corny that sounds but YES, I do truly believe that the love and affection we give our kittens before they leave the cattery makes a huge difference in what amazing Maine Coon cats they grow up to be.
Here are five reasons why:
1. WE TREAT OUR MAINE COON KITTENS NOT AS PETS, BUT AS OUR CHILDREN
Our whole world quite literally revolves around our babies. We carefully watch over every single kitten and know when they ate, pooped, slept, played, etc. We don’t miss a moment in our kittens’ development from the moment they are born to the moment they leave the cattery.
2. BECAUSE OF OUR DEVOTED LOVE & CARE, OUR Maine COON CATS HAVE PEOPLE-LIKE PERSONALITIES
Our clients rave about the larger-than-life personalities our Maine Coon kittens have to match their big bodies. They are highly-intelligent, loving, affectionate animals, and each one has a unique personality just like we humans do. Every one of our cats is goofy, friendly, and wants nothing more than to be a devoted member of your family.
3. OUR MAINE COON KITTENS AND CATS EAT COMPLETE RAW DIET WITH HOME-COOKED MEALS INSTEAD OF COMMERCIAL TREATS
Yes, seriously. We prepare completely balanced raw and home-cooked meals for our babies, including the best lean cuts of meat and Salmon, Sardines, Rabbit, you name it. This helps them grow into the big, beautiful Maine Coon cats with the healthiest bodies, and most vibrant coats by the time they leave our home/cattery.
4. OUR KITTENS ARE GIVEN EXPERT Veterinary CARE
Not only by us at home, but our kittens and cats are also seen by the licensed veterinarian. You may wonder, what is so special!? The answer is that the clinic comes to us. Yes, we mean everything is done here at the cattery, even spay and neuter surgeries. And absolutely no clinic trips are allowed to protect our most precious cargo. Our Maine Coon kittens are given routine checkups as well as extensive (and expensive) genetic testing to ensure we don’t miss a thing and have healthy kittens and cats. And of course, God forbid, if an emergency happens and a kitten or cat need hospitalization, regardless of cost, we will do everything we can (and sometimes can't) financially to save our babies lives, big or small. We will never put a kitten or a cat down because of high hospitalizations costs. The rest is up to God and Veterinary Specialists.
5. And Finally WE DO noT OVERBREED OUR Maine Coon Kings and Queens
All of our cats are bred on schedule. I like to see one litter per 8-12 month from each individual queen. Of course sometimes there are exceptions, when a queen has frequent and prolonged cycles we are forced to breed her ASAP, otherwise she can get Pyometra and dye. Our cats come from the very best European bloodlines with the latest looks, colors, and patterns. And of course, conformation to Maine Coon breed standard.
Here are a few things we are not:
- Even though we are a larger cattery, to keep each individual Queen bred as infrequently as possible - We aren’t a kitten factory!
- We aren’t resellers — we do not try to purchase kittens from backyard breeders in Europe then flip them here for an extra buck.
- We are certainly not a back yard breeder ourselves. There are no indoor cages and in fact no outdoor keeping of our males is allowed, as many breeders resort to in order for males not to ruin their homes with endless marking of territory.
- We never keep newborns and their mother in cages either, every Maine Coon Queen and her kittens has a separate nursery/ bedroom all to themselves.
- We are not a hobby breeder, meaning we are home with our kittens and cats 24/7. Yes, that means no errands, vocations or outings, unless someone is home.
- And finally we don’t breed our young cats until it’s time.
We started this cattery out of love and passion for these majestic animals and that really is what sets us apart. We take great pride in the time and care we put into our kittens and we know every kitten that leaves our home knows what it’s like to be treated like family and will crave that same affection from you and yours. That’s the EuroCoons Maine Coons cattery difference.
If you’re interested in learning more about our cattery or inquiring about one of our kittens, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our contact form.